From Flour to Fondant: Elevate Your Baking Skills with Our Comprehensive Baking Courses
If you love baking and find yourself avidly watching cooking shows or searching for intricate cake recipes online, it might be time to explore our short baking courses. CTIA’s ‘how to’ baking series is specially designed to turn aspiring bakers into patisserie pros. You will learn how to prepare, bake, and decorate a whole host of delectable sweet and baked treats. You’ll also study some of the basics of marketing your delicious goods, giving you the opportunity to expand your enterprise and start a side hustle.
Enrolling in our baking courses is a fun and exciting way to unleash your inner patisserie chef, start a patisserie-inspired side gig, and seriously impress your guests.
What You’ll Learn in Our ‘How To’ Baking Courses
Our 9-week series covers a wide range of baked goods. Each week students will focus on a different element of their baking journey. At a glance, these are some of the tasty topics that you will explore:
- Cake baking – with a focus on different sponge methods and different cake fillings.
- Decorating cakes with icing, buttercream, colouring, and special effects.
- Chocolate pastries, including eclairs, fillings, and Paris-Brest with choux pastry and praline cream.
- Morish macaroons (both French and Italian methods).
- Different pastry styles such as puff, flaky, laminated, and rough pastry.
- Artisan breads, including ciabatta, sourdough, focaccia, croissants, and roast potato loaf.
- Deconstructed desserts, such as lemon meringue pie, gelatins, and tiramisu.
By the end of the nine weeks, you will have gleaned great confidence in the kitchen and be able to prepare an eclectic array of tasty treats. Whether you’re looking to impress friends and family with your thrilling new pastry repertoire or want to start a patisserie business, our baking courses are designed to be fun and informative and will equip you with the skills needed to elevate your baking game.
Enrolling in baking courses has many benefits for students, including:
- Boosting confidence in the kitchen.
- Unleashing creativity and artistic flare.
- Developing food and baking knowledge.
- Developing technical skills and teaching students new recipes.
- Creating a fun and exciting atmosphere in which students can learn alongside like-minded individuals.
Explore Our Short Baking Courses and More
At CTIA, we offer students full-time and part-time chef qualifications as well as shorter ‘how to’ courses for those who want to enhance their at-home cooking game. We offer both a ‘how to’ baking series and a ‘how to’ cooking series, ideal for those with a passion for creating delicious dishes. For more information on our short course offerings, explore your chosen campus and get in touch with our team.