This qualification is suitable for those working in a catering environment who are responsible for handling food. It is also the most popular food safety qualification accepted by enforcement officers and auditors.
ABOUT HIGHFIELD QUALIFICATIONS
Highfield is the leading provider of regulated compliance qualifications in the UK, certificating over 350,000 learners a year. Highfield currently provides around 70% of all regulated food safety qualifications.
We are extremely proud to be a Highfield-approved centre and offer industry-recognised qualifications that will enhance learners’ career prospects.
QUALIFICATION NUMBER: 603/4937/2
THEORY & TOPICS INCLUDE
- The importance of food safety procedures and complying with the law
- Microbiological, chemical, physical and allergenic hazards and their control
- Good temperature control and stock rotation
- The importance of good personal hygiene and preventing contamination, including hand-washing, protective clothing, cuts and reporting illness
- Keeping work areas and equipment clean and safe
- Safe waste disposal
- Pest control