This course was developed for students interested in more than one of our Hospitality Management Programmes. The ease of being able to take on more than one course from the start allows students the opportunity to benefit from the fees and payment options available for our combination programmes.
The course consists of the following Programmes
- CTH Level 3 Foundation Programme in Hospitality Management
- CTH Level 4 Intermediate Programme in Hospitality Management
The CTH programmes are delivered in conjunction with TriVersita, our sister academy for business and hospitality. TriVersita is an accredited CTH teaching centre.
CTH programmes currently only available at our Centurion and Cape Town campuses
- Confederation of Tourism and Hospitality (CTH)
- CTH Level 3 Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality
- CTH Level 4 Diploma in Hospitality Management
- Chefs Training & Innovation Academy Certificate of Achievement
Programme fees include the following
Two full sets of hospitality uniform, one branded golf T-shirt (full time students only), one pair of hospitality safety shoes, CTH Student Membership and student card, course material, induction and orientation week, tuition, use of all equipment, free Wi-Fi, parking on campus, CTH first examination fees, CTH certification, graduation fees (for the student only).
Guest support representative, hotel receptionist, assistant travel guide, porter, sales trainee, hygiene housekeeper, maintenance assistant, trainee travel agent, hotel sales executive, head porter, head waiter, head receptionist, general assistant, food and beverage assistant, bookings manager, events assistant, or housekeeping assistant manager.
Essentials of Human Resources & Business Computing in Tourism & Hospitality
- An understanding of the organisation of staff in
tourism and hospitality.
Essentials of Marketing & Customer Relationships in Tourism & Hospitality
- An introduction to marketing, sales and customer
relationships in the tourism and hospitality industry.
Tourism & Hospitality Industry
- An overview of the different types and
characteristics of different hotel and food service
Essentials of Tourism & Hospitality Operations
- Introduces the students to a range of functions
within the industry i.e. front office, housekeeping,
food and beverage operations, destination analysis
and tour guiding operations.
Finance in Tourism & Hospitality
- An essential understanding of income generation,
cost control, budgeting and the interpretation of
Customer Service Management in Tourism & Hospitality
- Customer expectations, service standards,
performance, communication, complaint resolution
and quality systems.
Global Tourism & Hospitality
- exploration of the scope of the industry, the
various activities within it and its position in relation
to the world market.
Rooms Division Operations
- An understanding of front office/reception,
advance reservations, cashiering, guest relations,
switchboard, concierge, portering, housekeeping,
laundry, linen room, maintenance and security.
Rooms Division Supervision
- Evaluation of Rooms Division effectiveness,
supervision of operations & management of
Food & Beverage Operations
- Restaurant concepts & trends, kitchen layouts,
catering requirements, hygiene, food storage, table
layout, timetables, bills and presentation.
Food & Beverage Supervision
- Evaluation of Food & Beverage operational
effectiveness, supervision of operations &
management of performance.
This qualification is an internationally accredited qualification and is registered on the United Kingdom’s Qualifications Framework. The qualification is issued by CTH and is not a nationally accredited qualification.
The Academy reserves the right to change the training delivery schedule to meet the daily operational requirements and to adjust or upgrade the syllabi, study material and accreditation body in accordance to any new requirements as determined by the Department of Higher Education and Training and/or in the event of any new developments and changes within the Academic field.