International Certificate in Professional Cookery
This course consists of the City & Guilds Certificate in Food Preperation and Cooking. It will give you a solid foundation of all things culinary; and provides training in the essentials of commercial cookery – carefully structured to prepare students for a first career role in various kitchen environments.
You’ll learn about nutrition, food safety and kitchen hygiene, and you’ll master the fundamental knife skills and cooking methods that any budding chef needs for a thriving career in the culinary world. Not only will you learn to bake bread and produce some timeless classics, but we’ll also teach you to prepare meals with flair.
Once you’ve learnt the kitchen essentials, it’s time to test these out in a nine-week industry visit. Additionally, students will spend a week in a bakery or butchery.
This course is ideal for
Anyone who wants to kick-start their career in the culinary industry; or for foodies looking to master the basics of being a good chef. Once you have completed this course, you will have the skills to become an entry-level chef.
How can I add to this course
You may add or continue with any of the following programmes:
- Professional Pastry Programme
- Professional Culinary Arts Programme
- CTIA Certificate of Achievement – Certificate in Professional Cookery
- City & Guilds IVQ Level 1 Certificate in Food Preparation and Cooking
Programme fees include
Monthly payment plans available for all courses.
Full-Time option includes an industry experience/ job placement.
- Two full sets of uniform (one full set only for part time students)
- One branded golf T-shirt (full time students only)
- One pair of safety shoes
- Knife set and roll
- SACA Membership and student card with SACA benefits
- Course material
- CTIA Recipe book
- Integrated first aid and fire training
- Orientation week
- All practical ingredients
- Use of all equipment
- Free WiFi
- Safe parking on campus
- International assessment fees, first examination fees, certification
- Graduation fees (for the student only)
Theory & Practical modules
- Introduction to hospitality
- Food and kitchen hygiene and safety
- Introduction to basic kitchen equipment and utensils
- Stocks, soups and sauces
- Moist heat methods of cooking: boiling, poaching, steaming, braising and stewing
- Dry heat methods of cooking: baking, roasting, grilling, frying
- Introduction to nutrition
- Cold presentation
- Introduction to patisserie
- Introduction to costing
- Basic ingredients
The Academy reserves the right to change the training delivery schedule to meet the daily operational requirements and to adjust or upgrade the syllabi, study material and accreditation body in accordance to any new requirements as determined by the Department of Higher Education and Training and/or in the event of any new developments and changes within the Academic field.