Please note that this qualification is only recognised internationally and not in South Africa. Upon completion of this programme, students will receive an international qualification and not a South-African qualification.
This course will give you a firm foundation within the world’s single biggest industry; hospitality and tourism. Whether you dream of working for an international airline or a global hotel chain, or are an entrepreneur at heart with your sights set on opening a family-run restaurant or private touring company, the opportunities within the tourism market are huge and varied.
You’ll learn an introduction to the essential skills needed to enter the tourism and hospitality industry. From human resources and business computing, to marketing and customer relationships, our foundations programme takes a holistic approach in preparing you for this exciting career path.
This course is perfect for students who want to take their first step towards developing a career in the tourism and hospitality industry.
If you want to continue your studies, you can choose to pursue any of the following:
- CTH Level 4 Intermediate Programme in Hospitality Management or
- First year of a relevant university degree in the United Kingdom at one of the following universities: Edge Hill University, University of West London, University of Surrey, or Coventry University College.
- Confederation of Tourism and Hospitality (CTH)
- CTH Level 3 Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality
- Chefs Training & Innovation Academy Certificate of Achievement
Programme fees include the following
Two full sets of hospitality uniform, one branded golf T-shirt (full time students only), one pair of hospitality safety shoes, CTH Student Membership and student card, course material, induction and orientation week, tuition, use of all equipment, free Wi-Fi, parking on campus, CTH first examination fees, CTH certification, graduation fees (for the student only).
Guest support representative, hotel receptionist, assistant travel guide, porter, sales trainee, hygiene housekeeper, maintenance assistant, trainee travel agent.